For over 100 years, Hitzeman Funeral Home, Ltd. has provided caring service that families appreciate during grieving times. The Hitzeman family understands what you are going through when you come to the funeral home after a loved one has passed away. Hitzeman Funeral Home is dedicated to doing everything necessary to make the process of planning funeral arrangements as easy as possible.
Handling the Funeral Arrangements
Every funeral is important to the people involved, and Hitzeman Funeral Home tries to make each funeral or memorial service as individual as the person being remembered. Because during the hours and days following a death, people often find themselves in a state of panic, numbness, or acute distress, we can handle the details and make sure that every needed item is attended to. We will assist you with all of the following important matters, and many others:
- Arranging for the visitation, if desired, and the funeral service
- Selecting the casket and vault
- Assisting you in obtaining a burial plot if burial is desired and no plot has been purchased
- We can provide information about nearby cemeteries
- Providing you with information and handling the arrangements if cremation is requested
- Preparing the obituary and arranging for it to be published in the appropriate newspapers
- Furnishing a list of churches and charitable organizations if you wish to request memorial contributions in addition to
- Helping you find a member of the clergy to officiate at the funeral, if one is needed and the family does not have one. We can provide a list of clergy in the area who represent a range of faiths
- Providing a selection of thank you notes, memorial cards, or mass cards
- Determining veterans benefits and helping you obtain whatever veterans’ recognition is available
- Providing you with copies of the death certificate (required to claim insurance and for a number of other reasons)
- File all the necessary authorizations, permits, and state documents
Hitzeman Funeral Home, Ltd. can assist you and your family in the entire pre-planning process. Offering “pre-need” arrangements represent an integral part of the professional services at Hitzeman Funeral Home. Making these arrangements now helps you help your family later. For additional information, see our Pre-Need Planning page.
Hitzeman Funeral Home recognizes that the needs of the bereaved do not end with the funeral service. We understand that the grieving process takes time. Sometimes individuals draw strength and help from grief support groups. We can provide information about support groups in the area.
Todd N. Hitzeman ~ President